has been carefully structured into to assist the learner’s voyage into . Each level is systematic in its approach to teaching your child about the different sounds in the English language. Students are introduced to each new sound with a short animation that and instructs them about how to sound out the word and pronounce it correctly.
The lesson guides are aimed at providing both teachers and parents with the correct strategies and guidance to instruct the PhonicsMonster.com systemic phonics program in a classroom or a homeschooling environment. The scope of each level is to provide a balanced program incorporating, and learning throughout the level structure.
Each level is structured to:
- Establish what is already known
- Allow opportunities for students to demonstrate their ability
- Offer differentiation in the instruction (Multi-sensory activities)
- Make connections between what is already known
- Provide an adequate challenge
- Ensure students are engaged and motivated
- Allow time for personal development
How long should a lesson be?
School lesson 30-60mins once or twice per week (lessons are broken up into different activities)
Home school 10-30 mins daily or every other day
Review what has been previously taught. Use Audio, visual and kinesthetic material.
With guidance, the child learns the target phonics sounds and vocabulary.
Elicit the students to practice the target phonics verbally and visually.
Use the interactive site and printables for the student to go through the material.